Who am I ?

I am a Mother of twin girls and everyday is a new adventure for my family. Between school, work, gymnastics, friends and a large family there is never a dull moment in our life. I thought I would share with anyone who would listen...enjoy!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What is that on her nose?


About 7 months ago Emily started getting a very small bump on her and now has turned into a full fledged wart on the tip of her nose.

I feel so bad for her, as EVERYONE points it out to her and says something about it to her. At first, she didn't pay any attention to what people where saying, but, the more people asked, the more she became uncomfortable with it. I feel bad and have taken her twice to the doctor and each time they said they wanted to try to have it go away on it's own, rather than trying to burn it off. Finally, the past visits I insisted we do something about it and they agreed.

She will be seeing a dermatologist next week and I hope he removes it. I feel bad and must admit it looks really bad. A couple months back I tried some "homemade" remedies to remove it and well let's just say now she has fear of liquid band aid...bad mommy!!!

What kills me about this, is how many adult say things. Not one child, all adults must point out this flaw to a 4 year old. She only became self conscience about this because of the things they said, how awful. Now I understand why so many people have body imagine issues, because, so many people are so willing to point our our flaws. I would NEVER in a million years question something like a wart on adult, let alone a child. People need to think before they speak! Now I have subject my daughter to painful removal of this wart, because, people can't keep their mouths shut...urghhhh!!

Have you ever experienced this with your child, or yourself?

No comments: