Who am I ?

I am a Mother of twin girls and everyday is a new adventure for my family. Between school, work, gymnastics, friends and a large family there is never a dull moment in our life. I thought I would share with anyone who would listen...enjoy!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

2 Hours and NOTHING!!!

As I mentioned earlier, I was taking Emily to the dermatologist yesterday to have a wart removed. I took her to a very well trusted doctor, in fact, he is the doctor who treated me when I was diagnosed with melanoma and my Mom with skin cancer. To be honest, I wouldn't trust anyone else removing such a thing from child, however, yesterdays visit left me annoyed and frustrated!
Because this doctor has a great reputation, he is always busy. I try to book appts. with him at his first appt. after lunch. Normally, the only people before me are his surgery patients from the morning. It's not unusual to wait for an hour or even two; I have been with my Mom and waited well into three hours. This is was prepared for, but, waiting two hours to have him tell me to use Compound W for two weeks and then come back, that really irritated me. My poor child had resigned herself to the fact that she was going to have this wart yesterday and was so excited. She mentally prepared herself for anything he was going to do, ie...cut, slice or burn. She was so disappointed when he said "that's it", we'll see you in two weeks. I could have started the Compound W two weeks ago if they would have told me this over the phone, it's quit annoying. Oh yeah, did I mention this doctor is well over an hour from my house, so not only do we sit for hours, but, we drive an hour to get there....grrrrrr!!!!
Pete and I decided we would do the compound W and talk to our pediatrician next week. The girls see him next Thursday for their annual checkup, hopefully, he can do something.
This is just very disappointing, Pete and I both wanted to have this removed, because, Emily is getting really self conscious about this, or maybe it's us. She did say to me after we left "Mom, I don't why it bothers you so much, it doesn't bother me...it's just part of me." It's a brave thing for a little girl to say and I know she was just saying it to make me feel better. She's a smart, sweet little girl and I just hope solution works.
Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! A 2 hour wait is ridiculous no matter how busy a doctor is! And Compound W!? Talk about compound frustration!
If the wart doesn't go away in 2 weeks, I'd suggest calling the office and demanding it be frozen off. It takes 2 seconds! (And insurance covers it.) Poor girl, but what she said is so sweet!
Good luck!